Why You'll Love This Job
New Story School in Lancaster, PA is seeking a qualified Transition Supervisor for administering Career and Transition Services and to assist the Special Education Director and Clinical Director with operational needs within the school program(s).
- Implement and administer career and transition services including but not limited to developing individualized plans, coordinating placement and transportation and monitoring progress.
- Ensure Chapter 339 compliance, including collection and maintenance of artifacts for Career Rediness portfolios.
- Develop working relationships with organizations and collaborate with internal staff and external entities to promote and implement student placement.
- Develop in-house skills development programs.
- Maintain data related to deadlines for IEPs as related to career and transition services.
- Maintain daily logs with services provided in relationship to IEP guidelines.
- Communicate routinely with students and guardians regarding career and transition plans.
- Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques and physically assist as needed.
- Attend various meetings with school districts, multidisciplinary team meetings and other meetings.
- Transport students in company vehicle as needed for transition program implementation.
- Monitor employee performance and engage in the disciplinary process.
- Perform all job responsibilities in a safe manner and adhere to safety practices and standards established by the company.
- Adhere to the Exposure Control Plan and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the task being performed.
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with company policy and FERPA regulations.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with child, parent/guardian, multidisciplinary team members, and other personnel involved in child's educational/behavioral program.
- Must have knowledge of PA Department of Education regulations and curriculum development for children with special education needs.
- Must have knowledge of child development, common behavioral disorders exhibited by children and adolescents, and basic ABA principles.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must display professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase itemS
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page