Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story Schools is seeking a qualified Transition Specialist to join the clinical team to work with students (Autism population) at the Wyomissing, PA location. The Transition Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and managing the Career and Transition Services Program, including vocational transition services and career readiness programs.
- Develop, coordinate and implement career and transition services including but not limited to developing individualized plans, coordinating job placements and transportation and monitoring progress.
- Develop working relationships with organizations and collaborate with internal staff and external entities to promote and implement student job site placement.
- Develop in-house skills development programs.
- Provide instruction to students in the areas to support vocational placement and motivate students by utilizing individualized instructional method that meet individual student needs.
- Provide instruction on how to apply the student’s knowledge to real-life situations as they transition out of school aged programming.
- Maintain data related to deadlines for IEPs as related to career and transition services.
- Maintain daily logs with services provided in relationship to IEP guidelines as needed.
- Communicate routinely with students and guardians regarding transition plans.
- Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques and physically assist as needed.
- Attend various meetings with school districts, multidisciplinary team meetings, etc.
- Transport students in company vehicle as needed for transition program implementation, such as to work placements and for off-site transition activities.
- Assist with the preparation of required documents for IEP meetings.
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page