Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being part of a mission-driven organization?
Rebecca School is a developmental program that utilizes the DIRFloortime method developed by Dr. Stanley Greenspan. Rebecca School is seeking bachelors level teaching assistants to work with students age 3-21 with neuro-developmental delays in relating, communicating and thinking. Teaching assistant will support students within the school as well as out in the community. A successful teaching assistant at Rebecca School should exhibit safety awareness in the school and the community, display the ability to challenge students to relate, communicate and think in all aspects of their development as well as be a big picture thinker. Teaching assistants support each students individualized developmental program through collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. We offer employee health benefits, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and professional development stipends.
Salary: $29,947.47 - $40,000.00 per year
- Assists in taking care of the special needs of the students
- Assists with individualized instruction and works with small groups of students
- Completes clerical duties as assigned by the teacher
- Assists students with various projects and curriculum tasks
- Helps with the supervision of students on field trips planned by the teacher
- Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities
- Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes
- Helps students master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher
- Distributes and collects workbooks, papers and other materials for instruction
Rebecca School, is a subsidiary of New Story Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students with social and emotional challenges. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page