Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Monroeville, PA is seeking a qualified Academic and Behavior Support Staff to join our clinical team and work in collaboration with the Special Education teachers and other professionals to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students. Have a great work/life balance while helping others. Academic and Behavior Support Staff has a fabulous full-time schedule during school hours M-F, 8 am-3 pm; comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and paid school holidays; career advancement opportunities. Are you passionate about the special needs population?
- Assists in taking care of the special needs of the students
- Assists with individualized instruction and works with small groups of students
- Completes clerical duties as assigned by the teacher
- Assists students with various projects and curriculum tasks
- Helps with the supervision of students on field trips planned by the teacher
- Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities
- Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes
- Helps students master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher
- Distributes and collects workbooks, papers and other materials for instruction
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with child, parent/guardian, multidisciplinary team members, and other personnel involved in child’s educational/behavioral program.
- Must have knowledge of common behavioral disorders exhibited by children and adolescents.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page