Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rebecca School is seeking Head Teachers for a classroom of students ranging in ages 12-18, who are across developmental capacities. At Rebecca School, teachers are able to develop their own classroom curriculum, creating individualized, developmental, interest-based programs for students, while collaborating with an interdisciplinary team. Teachers should be able to differentiate curriculum to meet the needs of a variety of learning. Teachers work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to support the social, emotional and academic development of the students.
We are considering applicants that hold a Master’s degree as well as NY state certification or are close to completing their Master's program. Candidates should also be open to learning more about DIRFloortime®. We offer employee health benefits, 401K, tuition reimbursement, eligible for student loan forgiveness, and professional development stipends.
Salary: $30,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Develop IEP objectives for each student and attend meetings if the schedule allows
- Record data accurately and chart individual student information
- Develop and adapt lesson plans to supplement the curriculum
- Implement specified teaching methods as required
- Grade and provide feedback to students work
- Monitor students at all times
- Implement behavior plans and use approved behavioral strategies
- Attend weekly staff meetings, staff training, and professional development opportunities
- Assess students as needed
- Maintain relationship with parents regarding student achievement
- Directly manage classroom assistants and aides
- Conduct performance reviews of classroom assistants and aides
- Oversee and train classroom assistants and aides in curriculum and behavioral techniques and documentation
- Perform administrative duties as assigned
- Maintain a neat, clean, and organized office/classroom space
- Dress appropriately for an office/school environment and abide by HLC Dress Code (see Employee Handbook)
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required
Rebecca School is a subsidiary of New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve.
Back to New Story Management Jobs