Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as 100% company sponsored employee medical coverage, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Lancaster, OH is seeking a qualified full-time Teacher to manage all functions within their assigned classrooms, including service delivery, reporting, and management of classroom assistants and aides. Additionally, as members of the Senior Staff, Teachers will be held to a high standard of service delivery and conduct. They will set the standard for Staff members in all professional areas and are expected to provide proper leadership within their classrooms. (Does Not Require Education Degree)
- Develop IEP objectives for each student and attend meetings if the schedule allows
- Record data accurately and chart individual student information
- Develop and adapt lesson plans to supplement the curriculum
- Implement specified teaching methods as required
- Grade and provide feedback to students work
- Monitor students at all times
- Implement behavior plans and use approved behavioral strategies
- Attend weekly staff meetings, staff training, and professional development opportunities
- Assess students as needed
- Maintain relationship with parents regarding student achievement
- Directly manage classroom assistants and aides
- Conduct performance reviews of classroom assistants and aides
- Oversee and train classroom assistants and aides in curriculum and behavioral techniques and documentation
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess the ability to perform non-violent crisis intervention techniques, including verbal and physical redirection and guidance of potentially physically aggressive students during crisis situations.
- Must possess the ability to react quickly and be sufficiently mobile to redirect students that could be injurious to themselves or others, i.e. stop a child from running out of a building, physically redirect a child with severe behaviors, etc.
- Must be able to physically assist with evacuating students during emergency situations.
- Must earn and maintain full certification(s) in assigned crisis management programs
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page