Why You'll Love This Job
Sage Alliance Lower & Middle School in Mahwah, NJ is seeking a Speech Therapist to provide services for our students in grades 4 to 8 with social and emotional challenges. Sage Alliance is a private, therapeutic school that serves the academic and clinical needs of students in a nurturing and supportive environment. The Speech Therapist will be contracted to work approximately 15 hours per week for the 2023-2024 school year. The number of hours per week may vary with the Therapist doing his/her best to adhere to a consistent and predictable schedule. A mutually agreeable hourly rate will be negotiated based upon credentials and experience.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Promote development of communication skills through assessment, program planning and direct service.
- Plan and conduct assessments, as well as record and interpret data.
- Develop individualized treatment plan aiming to promote communication skills, including expressive language, the ability of verbal expression, receptive language, and augmentative communication.
- Monitor and revise treatment plans as needed and communicate with all team members involved to ensure the effectiveness of services provided.
- Plan, implement, and adapt speech-language therapy activities.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the student’s treatment team and family to design and implement appropriate services.
- Develop and implement IEP goals individualized to the student
- Administer appropriate testing to gather data for the development and/or revision of the treatment plan.
- Provide reports and make recommendations regarding future needs of students.
- Implement appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of student’s privileges and responsibilities in the behavior program.
- Maintain speech-language therapy supplies and order supplies as needed and requested by families/teachers
- Speech Therapist will be engaged as an independent contractor
- Speech Therapist must hold general and professional liability insurance policies as required by Sage Alliance
- Speech Therapist must have a current license to practice in NJ, and is not under any license suspension or revocation
Back to Sage Alliance Jobs
Back to Sage Alliance Home Page