Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Green Tree School & Services in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a qualified Special Education Teacher to teach and mentor students. As a Special Education Teacher, you will play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics. This is a full-time, ten-month position to provide general classroom instruction for students with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, serious Emotional Disturbance or Development Delays. $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
- Effectively and proactively Supervise class structure and schedule.
- Maintain ongoing supervision and evaluation of all students, providing timely and constructive feedback to collaborating personnel and to participate in follow-up planning.
- Maintain documentation and vigilance of student goals and objectives, monitoring progress and reporting successes.
- Monitor and support implementation of prescribed behavior program.
- Effectively Supervise bus transitions, meals, recess, and other non- academic responsibilities.
- Participate actively in staff discussions and collaborate through communication in established team meetings.
- Implement and evaluate success of prescribed curriculum and quality instructional techniques.
- Maintain focus on “best practices”, continuously seeking new ideas and techniques to ensure student progress.
- Participate in planning and implementation of quality in-services.
- Promote social responsibility and leadership of support staff and students.
- Promote social responsibility and conflict mediation.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
- Display students work and stimulate student interest via bulletin boards and room displays.
- Maintain various classroom arrangement conducive to diverse student body.
- Ability to apply a variety of techniques and approaches to meet the range of student levels and skills.
- Ability to individualize instruction according to cognitive and academic styles of learners.
- Engage students in stimulating, multi-modality learning experience consistent with prescribed curriculum.
- Use appropriate and timely verbal de-escalation techniques whenever possible.
- Collaborate in safe physical intervention as necessary.
- Encourage students to embrace, multicultural opportunities and experiences.
Eligible Green Tree School & Services Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-Paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Green Tree School & Services is a non-profit state-licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children with autism disorder and severe emotional disabilities. At Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Green Tree School & Services is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about Green Tree School & Services careers and benefits, please visit our website www.greentreeschool.org
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to Green Tree School & Services Jobs
Back to Green Tree School & Services Home Page