Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont Schools is seeking a NC Licensed Special Education Teacher for an in-district placement (IDP) in the WT Griggs Elementary School in Poplar Branch, NC. The position provides academic instruction and mentors students in a team environment, under the supervision of the Principal, Asst Principal, and BCBA/BCaBA. Special Education Teachers are responsible for overseeing the classroom team, including the dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- North Carolina Department of Education License
- Three (3) years teaching experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- A positive can-do attitude
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License is preferred
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership, and direction to staff within the classroom.
- Use research-based classroom strategies that are grounded in higher-order thinking, problem-solving, and real-world connections for all students.
- Evaluate and assess student mastery of content to make instructional decisions.
- Communicate student achievements and progress to students, parents, and others.
- Assist in the collection of quality indicator data metrics.
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor confidentiality.
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Rivermont, is a subsidiary of New Story Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to Rivermont Schools Jobs
Back to Rivermont Schools Home Page