Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont, is seeking a qualified Teacher (provisional teachers accepted) in Charlottesville, Albemarle County to support all functions within their assigned classrooms, including service delivery, reporting, and management of classroom assistants and aides.
- Develop IEP objectives for each student and attend meetings if the schedule allows
- Record data accurately and chart individual student information
- Develop and adapt lesson plans to supplement the curriculum
- Implement specified teaching methods as required
- Grade and provide feedback to students work
- Monitor students at all times
- Implement behavior plans and use approved behavioral strategies
- Attend weekly staff meetings, staff training, and professional development opportunities
- Assess students as needed
- Maintain relationship with parents regarding student achievement
- Directly manage classroom assistants and aides
- Conduct performance reviews of classroom assistants and aides
- Oversee and train classroom assistants and aides in curriculum and behavioral techniques and documentation
- Perform administrative duties as assigned
- Maintain a neat, clean, and organized office/classroom space
- Dress appropriately for an office/school environment and abide by Dress Code (see Employee Handbook)
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required
- Must be willing/able to work in Charlottesville, VA
Eligible Rivermont Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Rivermont, is a subsidiary of New Story Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to Rivermont Schools Jobs
Back to Rivermont Schools Home Page