Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in DuBois, PA and is seeking a qualified Special Education Teacher to teach our emotional support and/or autistic support students. As a Special Education Teacher, you play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and the dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom.
($5,000 Sign-on Bonus)
- Complete Individualized Education Plan (IEP) process, which includes IEP development, collaboration with multidisciplinary team members, and preparation of required paperwork.
- Develop lesson plans which keep students actively engaged in learning by using a variety of instructional strategies. Lesson plans should be tailored to meet the individual needs of students based on IEP goals and objectives, including modifications listed in specially designed instruction.
- Submit required documentation, including lesson plans, IEPs, report cards, progress reports, evaluation reports, and other related material in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Must possess interpersonal skills, reflecting appropriate boundaries, to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents/guardians, school/company personnel, and others involved in the child’s educational/behavioral program.
- Must have knowledge of child development, behavior modification techniques, and common behavioral disorders exhibited by children and adolescents.
- Must have strong decision making and leadership skills.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page