Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont School in Danville, VA is seeking a qualified Special Education Teacher to join our team. Special Education Teachers play an integral role in the success of our students. The position provides academic instruction and mentors students in a team environment, under the supervision of the Principal, Asst Principal, and/or BCBA/BCaBA. Special Education Teachers are responsible for overseeing the classroom team, including the dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students. Signing Bonus up to $5,000 available!
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Virginia Department of Education License, License Eligible, or Provisional License Eligible
- Three (3) years teaching experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- A positive can-do attitude
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License is preferred
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership, and direction to staff within the classroom.
- Use research-based classroom strategies that are grounded in higher-order thinking, problem-solving, and real-world connections for all students.
- Evaluate and assess student mastery of content to make instructional decisions.
- Communicate student achievements and progress to students, parents, and others.
- Assist in the collection of quality indicator data metrics.
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor confidentiality.
Eligible Rivermont Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Located throughout Virginia, Rivermont schools provide a therapeutic educational program for students ages 5-22 in grades kindergarten through 12 with special needs, including those associated with autism spectrum disorder, behavioral challenges, and have difficulty learning in a traditional school setting. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives. Rivermont Schools is part of the New Story network of schools, clinics, and services.
New Story (the parent company) is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryjobs.com/.
Back to Rivermont Schools Jobs
Back to Rivermont Schools Home Page