Why You'll Love This Job
New Story Schools in Reading, PA is seeking a qualified Special Education Supervisor to teach and mentor Autism Support students in grades 7-12 at our Wyomissing Rd location. The Special Education Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the overall management of the school program. This position will serve as a peer mentor for new teachers and provide initial and ongoing training to employees. This position will collaborate with clinical staff and members of the multidisciplinary team regarding academic progress. New Story Schools uses multiple methods for student education and related services, including in-person learning, virtual learning, and enhanced remote learning. Students engaged in in-person learning will report to school and learning will be in the traditional school setting. Students engaged in virtual learning will be physically separated from New Story School buildings and staff. These students will learn through various technologies that facilitate student-staff communication. Students engaged in enhanced remote learning will be physically separated from school buildings, however, one or more staff members will be in-person with the student in the student’s home (or other student-centered environment). Employees of New Story Schools may perform the responsibilities of the job in any of these models, as well as hybrid education model which combines both in-person and virtual programming. We are offering a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
· Assist with ensuring compliance with Department of Education regulations.
· Participate in the Individual Education Plan (IEP) process by attending IEP meetings, working collaboratively with IEP team members, completing and preparing IEP paperwork.
· Assist in the development of individualized lesson plans for specially designed instruction.
· Conduct training needs assessments and provide initial and ongoing training for employees.
· Administer educational tests utilizing tools as per school protocol.
· Ensure special education teachers follow appropriate teaching practices, curriculum and outcomes measures.
· Observe classrooms to assess curriculum, staff, and resource needs.
· Provide appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques to maintain a safe and effective learning environment.
· Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques and physically assist, as needed.
· Review lesson plans to ensure continuity with IEP goals.
· Observe classrooms in home school districts to determine student transition needs.
· Observe potential students in their home school district for possible enrollment.
· Communicate and collaborate with Special Education Director to foster improvements within the school structure and teaching modalities.
· Communicate with parents and encourage parental participation in the education plan.
· Attend various meetings with school districts, multidisciplinary team meetings and other meetings as assigned.
· Perform all job responsibilities in a safe manner and adhere to safety practices and standards established by the company.
· Adhere to the Exposure Control Plan and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the task being performed.
· Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with company policy and FERPA regulations.
· Adhere to company policies and procedures.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page