Why You'll Love This Job
We are searching for a Special Education Supervisor to take on a key role in the school’s leadership team. The Special Education Supervisor promotes and enhances the overall academic mission by providing oversight and support to the assigned teaching teams regarding instructional programming. The Special Education Supervisor will focus on individual and group professional development that will expand and refine the teaching teams’ understanding of research-based effective instruction. The Special Education Supervisor is responsible for the management and oversight of all administrative training, coaching and evaluation of the organization’s special education regulatory compliance including meetings and documentation but not limited to Individual Education Program meetings and processes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Major Function: Leadership
- Serve as primary administrator of assigned program.
- Provides supervision and coaching to the teaching teams, including frequent observations and provides quantitative and qualitative feedback on performance, on-the-floor consultation, and formal
- Works in conjunction with peer Administrators and Behavior Analysts to provide cohesive program implementation and communication across the entire department.
- Manages daily operations of the school program assigned (Lower School, Middle School, and/or Upper School).
- Trains and monitors implementation of evidence-based instruction, evaluation procedures, and
Major Function: Instructional Consultation
- Communicate and demonstrate research-based instructional practices that result in increased student performance and improved classroom environment.
- Communicates information between students, teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Encourage professional growth and provide organized, individual and/or group learning opportunities for teachers and paraprofessionals.
- Assist special education teachers with designing instructional decisions based on assessment data and culturally responsive practices.
- Instruct and support teachers with curriculum software products, and classroom/curriculum related technologies.
Major Function: Special Education Compliance
- Assist teaching teams and families with understanding special education law/compliance
- Assist teachers with the IEP process and the writing of measurable goals/objectives, assessment,
implementing data management systems, manifestations, and ensuring state standards are met through
the IEP processes.
- Role models maintaining legally compliant special education required documentation.
- Monitors and provides quality assurance to IEP teams on IEP development.
- Works with related service staff as relevant for student placement and individual needs (i.e., transportation, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, etc.)
Major Function: School Culture
- Support a positive and achievement-oriented culture, which reflects GTSS’s mission and high expectations.
- Guide teaching teams through the process of collaborative reflection and planning, in alignment with GTSS's goals and values.
Eligible Green Tree School Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
• Generous paid time off and paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401K with 100% vested company contribution
• Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Wellness Incentive Program
• Employee Discount Program
• Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Green Tree School & Services is a non-profit state-licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children with autism disorder and severe emotional disabilities. At Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Green Tree School & Services is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about Green Tree School & Services careers and benefits, please visit our website www.greentreeschool.org
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page