Why You'll Love This Job
New Story provides an array of professional administrative services to the education-focused companies within the New Story family of companies. We allow the companies we serve to do what they do best: provide quality educational and clinical services, while we focus on the professional, operational, and management services.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as 100% company-sponsored employee medical coverage, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story Management is searching for a Senior Manager of Corporate Communications. The Senior Manager of Corporate Communications is responsible for identifying and implementing external communications strategies that build and maintain brand awareness for New Story and its portfolio companies. This position is also responsible for leading comprehensive internal communications plans that support c-suite priorities, employee engagement, and enterprise-wide priorities and initiatives. The ideal candidate is a strong, succinct writer and oral communicator with proven success in collaborating with internal business partners to communicate initiatives that drive business success. This position partners with corporate departments and state operations teams to support the following core areas of focus: media relations, multichannel / digital marketing, employee communication, and corporate communications. The role will partner with colleagues across Marketing and Communications function as well as across New Story.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, support and execute town halls and other executive touchpoints to connect employees to each other, the business, and c-suite. supports the development of executive messages and presentations across a variety of internal programs.
- Create and manage a centralized executive leadership internal communications calendar; partner with Project Management Office and Business to understanding full employee burden.
- Support internal communications for major company announcements, initiatives, and various corporate departments impacting all employees and/or corporate employees; create related materials such as timelines, key messages, emails. Topics include priorities such as open enrollment, goal setting, company-wide system updates and roll outs, budgeting/ expenses, etc.
- Support crisis communications as needed.
- Optimize and maintain company intranet, governance, and editorial calendar to facilitate understanding of the New Story model, operations, and value drivers.
- Maintain and develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines, processes, and other best practice protocols, including social media, spokesperson, internal channels, advertising, etc.; Develop and implement action plans to ensure roll out and adherence.
- Identify and execute integrated storytelling and content development opportunities for internal and external audiences.
- In partnership with state marketing efforts, develop traditional and digital advertising campaigns for New Story and other brands; support external editorial calendar.
- Assisting with implementing company media relations and thought leadership efforts. May include drafting original content including press releases, blog submissions and other thought leadership perspectives.
- Support acquisition and integration activities.
- Support the maintenance of New Story’s website and content in partnership with state-based marketing teams, including site architecture, content creation, and technology plug-in.
- Lead special projects on behalf of Corporate Communications as needed.
- Budget and agency/vendor management.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications and/or marketing, plus 5-7 minimum years with direct experience leading public relations, marketing and/or corporate communications within a mid-to-large size company (public or private), non-profit and/or professional association; experience within education, healthcare, or government relations is a plus.
- Internal and executive communications and/or executive communications experience.
- Ability to write consistently and clearly while under pressure and deadline.
- Ability to distill complex language from a variety of sources into effective, easy-to-understand, concise messages for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Must be an independent thinker, with the ability to clearly express ideas and the confidence to work with senior level executives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strategic, collaborative and an adaptable team player.
- Professionalism and experience working with senior leadership is essential, as the role interacts with many members of the Executive team on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to meet tight deadlines and to handle multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously.
- Proven writing capabilities in a variety of formats, including news releases, FAQs and other collateral materials, executive communications memos and plan, organizational communications, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Advanced editing and proofreading skills, along with extraordinary attention to detail while delivering against deadlines.
- Works well in matrix environment.
- Proven knowledge and experience developing and executing plans specific to digital and social media tools (websites, metrics, twitter, Facebook).
- Understanding or willingness to deeply learn internal communications tools (SharePoint/intranet).
Eligible New Story Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Management Jobs