Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont, a New Story School in Lynchburg, VA is seeking a School Nurse to work directly with students. As a School Nurse, you will play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics. The Nurse is responsible for overseeing and implementing the health program in the school. The Nurse focuses on the needs of the individual student, and well as the entire student population. The Nurse is responsible for the delivery of health services including the medication management program and advocating for the health rights of children. This position will work at Lynchburg School located at 3024 Forest Hills Circle Lynchburg, VA 24501, USA.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
While every effort was made to capture the essential job functions, this is not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
• Supervises school health services which includes monitoring and providing student care; ensuring compliance with applicable health program standards; auditing records; and ensuring quality and efficiency of services.
• Participates in planning and implementing wellness programs for students and/or staff.
• Acts as a “nurse on call” for all Rivermont school locations during school days to assist the school in maximizing in-class time.
• Performs community outreach and education.
• Inventories and ensures availability of healthcare supplies and educational materials.
• Develops and provides training on providing care for students with chronic health conditions (may include diabetes management, tube feedings, brace applications, colostomy care, etc.)
• Collaborates with Community Partners to facilitate outreach events and Public Health clinical experience for students and interns.
• Administers first aid for injury and illness. Administers medications and health care treatments.
• Identifies health barriers to student achievement and works with school staff and families to remediate those barriers to support administrators in maximizing in-class time for students.
• With support from LEA’s and other appropriate stakeholders, responsible for ensuring the development of a plan of care for students with chronic health conditions
• Maintains school health records, including ensuring compliance with state health mandates for school attendance.
• Provides health counseling and health education. Assists the principal and staff to improve student achievement.
• Provides Medication Administration Training for Youth (MATY) to Rivermont staff across VA.
• Serve on various committees (compliance, safety, etc.)
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
• Other related duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
SECONDARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all job responsibilities in a safe manner and adhere to safety practices and standards established by the company.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) licensed to practice in the state of Virginia by the VA Department of Health.
• Certification as a Medication Administration Training for Youth (MATY) Instructor and prior experience providing this training strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to listen, probe, and analyze to understand underlying needs and/or root cause of an issue
• Strong interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Outstanding judgment, sensitivity and high discretion
• Must be able to travel to school locations as needed up to 40% of the time.
• Thorough understanding of VA Department of Education regulations impacting private schools
Eligible Rivermont Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Located throughout Virginia, Rivermont schools provide a therapeutic educational program for students ages 5-22 in grades kindergarten through 12 with special needs, including those associated with autism spectrum disorder, behavioral challenges, and have difficulty learning in a traditional school setting. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives. Rivermont Schools is part of the New Story network of schools, clinics, and services.
New Story (the parent company) is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryjobs.com/.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page