Why You'll Love This Job
Green Tree School & Services is a non-profit state-licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children with autism disorder and severe emotional disabilities. At Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Green Tree School & Services is seeking a qualified school psychology intern to provide school-based services in accordance with the practice model outlined by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). Essential duties include assessment and intervention, consultation and collaboration, and data-based decision-making. The school psychology
intern utilizes culturally competent approaches to service provision and engages in ethical professional
practice. Candidates should be enrolled in a graduate program in school psychology; satisfactory completion of university requirements and eligible for internship. Preference given to students from NASP-approved programs.
- Facilitates re-evaluation planning meetings that include a review of existing data and a determination of
the need for additional testing.
- Administers and interprets measures of cognitive, academic, behavioral, social and emotional
functioning for students as needed. This includes selecting appropriate measures based on the
- Writes comprehensive re-evaluation reports that integrate information from multiple sources.
- Reviews and interprets reports from local school districts and agencies and makes recommendations.
- Leads feedback sessions with the IEP team including the parent, LEA, and student as appropriate.
- Contributes to students’ IEPs, including present levels, social/emotional goals, and progress reports.
- Provides evidence-based individual and group counseling services to students.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed, including facilitating risk assessments and re-entry meetings.
- Conducts intake admissions interviews with parents and students.
- Participates in the Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) committee.
- Analyzes school, program, and/or student level data from universal screenings.
- Designs and develops research-based programs informed by assessment.
- Monitors progress to academic, clinical, and/or behavioral interventions.
- Participates in IEP meetings, Child Study meetings, and other multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Engages in consultation with parents, staff, and community mental health providers.
- Plans and facilitates trainings related to students’ social/emotional development (or other topics as needed).
- Participates in ongoing professional development related to psychology and education.
- Receives weekly supervision from a nationally certified school psychologist.
Eligible Green Tree School & Services Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Green Tree School & Services is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about Green Tree School & Services careers and benefits, please visit our website www.greentreeschool.org
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page