Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont, a New Story School in Roanoke, VA is seeking a School Nurse to work directly with students. As a School Nurse, you will play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics. The Nurse is responsible for overseeing and implementing the health program in the school. The Nurse focuses on the needs of the individual student, and well as the entire student population. The Nurse is responsible for the delivery of health services including the medication management program and advocating for the health rights of children. This position will work in both the Roanoke SE school located at 1314 Riverland Rd SE and Roanoke SW located at 1354 8th St SW.
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
- Develops and maintains comprehensive school health services program for students in accordance with the state School Code, state Department of Education (DOE) and Department of Health (DOH) regulations, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Consults with leadership to establish, review and revise school health policies and procedures.
- Consults with staff regarding student health conditions and impact on learning and behavior.
- Communicates effectively with parents and staff regarding provisions of student health services.
- Maintains regular communication with private nurses serving students with special healthcare needs.
- Provides staff training including first aid, CPR, AED and use of emergency medications.
- Performs mandated screening for student including those with special healthcare needs
- Provides first aid for illness or injury to student and manages medical emergencies
- Monitors student for communicable illness and notifies families of exposure
- Reviews and monitors student immunization status to ensure compliance with regulation
- Administers prescribed medications and oversees the use of emergency medication
- Develop, implements, and monitor individual health plans and emergency care plans.
- Maintain student records including medical history, physicals, immunization, and orders.
- Document health services to students including nursing assessment, diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintains medication administration records including documentation of medication errors.
Eligible Rivermont Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Rivermont, is a subsidiary of New Story Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to Rivermont Schools Jobs
Back to Rivermont Schools Home Page