Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Harrisburg, PA is seeking a qualified School Nurse to work part-time, directly with students. As a School Nurse, you will play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics. The Nurse is responsible for overseeing and implementing the health program in the school. The Nurse focuses on the needs of the individual student, as well as the entire student population. The Nurse is responsible for the delivery of health services including the medication management program and advocating for the health rights of children.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive school health services program for students in accordance with the state School Code, state Department of Education (DOE) and Department of Health (DOH) regulations, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Consults with leadership to establish, review and revise school health policies and procedures.
- Consults with staff regarding student health conditions and impact on learning and behavior.
- Communicates effectively with parents and staff regarding provisions of student health services.
- Maintains regular communication with private nurses serving students with special healthcare needs.
- Provides staff training including first aid, CPR, AED and use of emergency medications.
- Performs mandated screening for student including those with special healthcare needs
- Provides first aid for illness or injury to student and manages medical emergencies
- Monitors student for communicable illness and notifies families of exposure
- Reviews and monitors student immunization status to ensure compliance with regulation
- Administers prescribed medications and oversees the use of emergency medication
- Develop, implements, and monitor individual health plans and emergency care plans.
- Maintain student records including medical history, physicals, immunization, and orders.
- Document health services to students including nursing assessment, diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintains medication administration records including documentation of medication errors.
- Must have knowledge of medical disorders and treatment.
- Must have knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationship with child, parent/guardian.
- Must have knowledge of common behavioral disorders exhibited by children and adolescents.
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page