Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Monroeville, PA is seeking a qualified Certified or Licensed Counselor to work collaboratively with other members of the multidisciplinary team and be responsible for guidance in the development and maintenance of the school counseling program. This position focuses on the needs of both the individual student and the entire school community and is responsible for the delivery of counseling and providing education for school/community concerns.
There is a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus with this opportunity.
- Conduct prescribed individual and group counseling sessions in a positive, therapeutic manner.
- Develop and implement individual education plan (IEP) goals individualized to the student while developing and updating behavior/treatment plan.
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule and regulation, and student/ counselor confidentiality.
- Oversee therapeutic confidentiality between staff and students and make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the relationship
- Maintain daily logs with services provided in relationship to IEP guidelines and complete various reports as directed
- Review daily logs with services provided in relationship to IEP guidelines and complete various reports as directed.
- Must have knowledge of individual and group counseling techniques.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with student, parent/guardian, school personnel, and all other personnel involved in the student’s educational/behavioral program.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be firm and consistent in response to challenges presented by defiant/non-cooperative students.
- Must have knowledge of common behavioral disorders exhibited by children and adolescents.
- Must have strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page