Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Berwick, PA is seeking a qualified Occupational Therapist to help address the functional needs of our students. As an Occupational Therapist, you will play an integral role in the success of our students by providing occupational therapy services. This is a full-time salaried position, no billable hours, the employee hired will work a school schedule with no nights, no weekends, and no holidays.
- Provide occupational therapy services to students with special needs to address the functional needs of the student at school and home
- Assess students with special needs to identify a base line for future measurement and to plan appropriate occupational therapy program
- Implement occupational therapy program to address occupational therapy needs including postural stability, sensory registration, motor planning, fine motor, activities of daily living, environmental adaptations, and social play
- Document student progress to show status and progress of occupational therapy program and student reaction to therapy
- Communicate with parents and staff personnel in explaining occupational therapy treatment program.
- Input all IEPs of all GTS student population
- Perform evaluations and evaluations for GTS student population
- Modify goals and intervention plans as necessary for GTS student population
- Review and approve all OTA’s modifications or suggestions on all documents
- Provide state required supervisory contact with OTA
- Understand students’ strengths and weaknesses related to OT services due to being responsible for creating and modifying IEPs, treatment plans or goals
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with child, parent/guardian, multidisciplinary team members and other personnel involved in child's educational/behavioral program.
- Must have knowledge of child development and common behavioral disorders exhibited by children and adolescents.
- Must have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page