Why You'll Love This Job
We are seeking a Revenue Cycle Specialist with previous experience in revenue cycle process. Preference will be given to candidates residing on the East Coast in the United States (Eastern Time Zone), but all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates, monitors, and updates student and payer files in various billing systems.
- Prepares and generates insurance claims in accordance with documentation and timely filing guidelines.
- Monitors school attendance and other school calendar events for accurate billing scenarios.
- Works closely with school personnel to generate accurate invoice for services provided.
- Submits invoices and follows-up with payers (school districts, localities, insurance companies, other sources) on outstanding balances to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement.
- Researches and resolves denials, credit balances, refunds, and payer retractions.
- Responsible for regular reporting of school and insurance statistics and exceptions.
- Assists with month-end close by gathering necessary data and producing needed reports.
- Accountable for individual performance, quality, and productivity.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through building healthy internal and external customer relationships.
- Solution-oriented team member who is a self-starter, takes initiative, and thoroughly documents all needed follow-up.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the New Story School Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Demonstrates an ability to troubleshoot, report to management, and/or initiate resolution of all issues that occur regarding billing operations.
- Prepares special reports reflecting internal metrics, as needed.
- Participates in educational activities and attends staff meetings.
- Completes prompt, professional follow-up to all interactions and requests for information, both internally and externally.
- Monitors and adheres to applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, including HIPAA requirements, New Story School’s Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures.
- Manages all data requests pertaining to designated schools, school programs, and clinics.
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story provides an array of professional administrative services to education-focused companies within the New Story family of companies. We allow the companies we serve to do what they do best: provide quality educational and clinical services, while we focus on the professional, operational, and management services.
New Story is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page