Why You'll Love This Job
Rivermont is an educational organization comprised of special education schools across Virginia. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont Schools is seeking a qualified Principal to oversee the day-to-day operations of the individual school as well as ensuring appropriate long-term planning for each school year. They are responsible for the supervision of all staff and students. This position promotes high academic, behavioral, and therapeutic standards; and serves as a resource for information to students, their families, staff and community agencies.
- Supervises staff and daily operations to assure adherence to all established school policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop and maintain curriculum standards, develop mission statements, and set performance goals and objectives
- Assures proper maintenance of educational and counseling documentation/records.
- Prevent and protect the academic instructional time from unnecessary interruptions.
- Responsible for scheduling of staff and activities consistent with all Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) regulations and accreditation standards.
- Oversees treatment planning for all students.
- Assists in preparation of campus budget.
- Assures the proper assessment of students and their appropriate placement in classes based upon needs.
- Observes teaching methods and examines learning materials to evaluate and standardize curricula and teaching techniques, and determines areas where improvement is needed
- Assures adequate materials, supplies and equipment are available to effectively perform daily operations.
- Report’s student status and progress to special education directors, appropriate agencies, parents, and other appropriate sources.
- Responsible for all transportation to include scheduling, safety, and vehicle maintenance.
- Maintains compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other agencies to improve/increase services.
- Collects data, monitors and continuously improves quality of service outcome indicators, including quality indicator data.
- Schedules staff development activities for staff.
- Counsels and provides guidance to students regarding personal, academic, vocational, or behavioral issues. In addition to Responding to and managing behavioral crisis situations
- Builds and maintains relationships with students and stakeholders that are positive and professional.
- Responsible for public health, safety, and sanitation of the school
- Liaisons with Human Resources on business functions such as Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Worker’s Compensation, recruitment, disciplinary actions, employee engagement, and fostering a team environment.
- Master's degree in special education and school administration and supervision endorsement.
- A minimum of three years working with students with disabilities.
- One-year administrative experience within a special education program.
- Hold or eligible for a valid renewable VDOE postgraduate professional teaching license issued by the board with an endorsement in school administration and supervision or special education.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Located throughout Virginia, Rivermont schools provide a therapeutic educational program for students ages 2-22 in early education through post-graduate studies with special needs, including those associated with autism spectrum disorder, behavioral challenges, and have difficulty learning in a traditional school setting. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives. Rivermont Schools is part of the New Story network of schools, clinics, and services.
New Story (the parent company) is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about Rivermont Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website http://www.rivermontschools.com/
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at http://www.rivermontschools.com/
If you are a current Rivermont Schools employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page