Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont, A New Story School in Roanoke, VA is searching for a Positive Behavior Support Leader to provide leadership and support to the Mental Health Associates within Rivermont Schools. A Rivermont PBS Leader will monitor the daily activities of staff and students to ensure quality service delivery. They will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance with reporting, data collection, and required record keeping. They will direct training and provide guidance on the creation of individualized behavior support plans. A PBS leader will provide critical support and leadership within the global school environment by exercising sound decision-making. They will serve as a member of the administrative team.
- Actively supervises and monitors MHA's regarding the planning and delivery of social and emotional learning content.
- Debrief and lead analysis of each serious behavioral incident.
- Monitors and reviews for consistency of Riskmaster and Serious Behavior incident reporting.
- Trains and mentors MHA's by teaching appropriate strategies for behavior management and guiding in developing appropriate behavior interventions.
- Coaches appropriate interventions during behavioral situations.
- Uses independent decision-making to ensure the safety of the school environment.
- Member of the Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) leadership team driving adoption and implementation of PBIS practices involving training, data collection, data dissemination to staff, and decision making by analyzing data.
- Operates school vehicles in accordance with school policy.
- May need to travel to meetings, professional development, or perform student transportation
Eligible Rivermont Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Rivermont, is a subsidiary of New Story Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to Rivermont Schools Jobs
Back to Rivermont Schools Home Page