Why You'll Love This Job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain payroll information through collection, calculation, and entering data
- Calculate and include deductions, such as income tax withholding, Social Security payments, insurance, wage garnishments, etc.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, deductions, employee status, job title, and department/division.
- Prepare reports, including earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income, social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Communicate with Office Managers and other support staff to ensure timely payroll processing and resolution of issues and discrepancies.
- Maintain confidentiality of payroll data and payroll operations.
SECONDARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in educational activities and attend staff meetings.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- UKG and Workforce Dimensions experience
- Knowledge of proportionate labor distributions.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll processing requirements
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Eligible Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items.
New Story Management is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryjobs.com
Back to New Story Management Jobs