Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
The Learning Spectrum is seeking a qualified Paraprofessional to apply the principles of behavioral science in assisting students, teachers, and other support staff with education and behavior management. Paraprofessional's must be able to quickly respond to staff requests and effectively run a classroom during substitute teaching assignments. Paraprofessional's must practice positive and professional behavior during all daily interactions.
This position is full-time for 10 months of the school year with the option of summer camp.
- Assists students 1:1 and/or in small groups
- Maintains a classroom environment which is conducive to learning and free of health and safety hazards
- Implements the lessons and activities provided by the lead teacher
- Interacts and communicates with lead teachers and therapists and other staff working with classroom students
- Assists with data recording, written records and reports as required on, but not limited to:
- student attendance
- program objectives
- progress data for regular evaluations and for revision of Individual Educational Plans
- Participates in and/or provides staff training programs
- reads professional literature and attends seminars, academic classes or workshops to enhance professional knowledge and skills in areas such as, but not limited to:
- behavior modification
- systematic training
- instruction and/or curriculum development
- attends and participates in staff meetings to obtain and provide information
- Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as:
- snack time
- clothing routines
- Serves as the chief source of information and take on as lead teacher when the lead teacher is out of the classroom
- Maintains educator aid permit or other licensure and/or requirements up to date
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess the ability to perform non-violent crisis intervention techniques, including verbal and physical redirection and guidance of potentially physically aggressive students during crisis situations.
- Must possess the ability to react quickly and be sufficiently mobile to redirect students that could be injurious to themselves or others, i.e. stop a child from running out of a building, physically redirect a child with severe behaviors, etc.
- Must be able to physically assist with evacuating students during emergency situations.
- Must earn and maintain full certification(s) in assigned crisis management programs
Eligible Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School (the parent company) is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryjobs.com/.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page