Why You'll Love This Job
Green Tree School & Services is a non-profit state-licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children with autism disorder and severe emotional disabilities. At Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Green Tree School & Services is seeking a qualified Para Educator to assist the teacher in teaching and mentoring students. This is a full-time, ten-month position assisting the classroom teacher in the implementation of an instructional program and best practices of students with emotional disturbances and or autism.
- Assist the teacher in implementing the Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Work closely with teachers as a member of the team to continually modify a student’s program.
- Work with individual students or group of students under the supervisor of the teacher.
- Assist with group experience in classes assigned.
- Maintain current records on the student.
- Reinforce new and existing skills in classes assigned.
- Proactively anticipate the needs of the student.
- Prepare classroom materials when not already available
- Plan and confer with classroom teachers
- Assist in preparation of instructional materials
- Assist in physical care of students including toileting, feeding, and other self – help skills.
- Meet all PDE requirements related to a paraprofessional which are subject to change
- Must have completed at least 2 years of post-secondary study, possess an associate degree or higher, or met a rigorous standard of quality as demonstrated through a state or local assessment
- Current Act 34, Act 114 and Act 151 clearances.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Ability to effectively communicate in a verbal and/or written manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate with coworker, administration, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
Eligible Green Tree School & Services Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Green Tree School & Services is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about Green Tree School & Services careers and benefits, please visit our website www.greentreeschool.org
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page