Why You'll Love This Job
We are searching for an Occupational Therapist to help address the functional needs of our students K-12 with Autsim. As an Occupational Therapist, you will play an integral role in the success of our students.
- Provide occupational therapy services to students with special needs to address the functional needs of the student at school and at home
- Assess students with special needs to identify a baseline for future measurement and to plan appropriate occupational therapy program
- Implement an occupational therapy program to address occupational therapy needs including postural stability, sensory registration, motor planning, fine motor, activities of daily living, environmental adaptations, and social play
- Document student progress to show status and progress of occupational therapy program and student reaction to therapy
- Communicate with parents and staff personnel in explaining the occupational therapy treatment program.
- Input all IEPs of all student population
- Perform evaluations and evaluations for student population
- Modify goals and intervention plans as necessary for student population
- Understand students' strengths and weaknesses related to OT services due to being responsible for creating and modifying IEPs, treatment plans, or goals
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with child, parent/guardian, multidisciplinary team members, and other personnel involved in child’s educational/behavioral program.
- Must have knowledge of child development and common behavioral disorders exhibited by children and adolescents.
- Must have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page