Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as 100% company-sponsored employee medical coverage, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story Schools in Carlisle, PA seeks a qualified Occupational Therapist to provide services to students as indicated in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and serve as a multidisciplinary team member. The Occupational Therapist will promote the development and functioning of the student’s fine motor, perceptual, and self-care skills. The starting salary is based on experience. A valid PA Occupational Therapist professional license and certification from NBCOT are required. A sign-on bonus of $5,000 is being offered for this position.
• Plan, administer, and interpret appropriate testing to gather data for the development and/or revision of the IEP.
• Develop and implement individualized IEP goals and objectives aiming to promote fine motor, perceptual motor, self-care,
sensory integrative skills, and play activities, as well as neuromuscular function.
• Monitor and revise IEP goals and objectives as needed and communicate with all team members to ensure the
effectiveness of services provided.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the student’s multidisciplinary team, other related service professionals, school
district personnel, outside service providers, and the student’s family to design and implement appropriate services.
• Demonstrate appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques, including knowledge of student privileges and
• Complete weekly reports and provide this information to teachers and parents/guardians.
• Adhere to deadlines for submission of IEP goals/objectives, Progress Reports, Re-evaluation reports, and any other
paperwork required by the state or school district.
• Attend multidisciplinary team and IEP meetings and other meetings as assigned.
• Utilize verbal non-violent crisis intervention techniques as needed.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children to overcome challenges and create new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page