Why You'll Love This Job
We are seeking a full time Maintenance/Facilities Technician that will be responsible for maintaining and promoting the care of our company property by performing general and preventative responsibilities in schools/offices and on building grounds. This position would regularly travel between our three locations in the Harrisburg region (Carlisle, New Cumberland, and Harrisburg).
Starting pay rate for this position is $22-$24/hr depending on experience.
- Perform preventative maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Repair structural damages such as repairing sheet rock/dry wall, carpentry, painting etc.
- Perform plumbing related duties as needed such as fixing leaking faucets, toilet sinks etc.
- Perform landscaping duties such as cutting grass, trimming bushes/trees, maintaining mulch levels in playground area, pulling weeds etc.
- Perform basic electrical repairs including replacing bulbs, ballast and fixtures as needed.
- Complete painting assignments.
- Monitor and replace emergency lighting, exit signs, and door entry battery units.
- Recognize potential safety issues in and around the building and grounds and act to correct.
- Perform custodial services on as needed basis and act as the location point of contact for outside vendors performing maintenance work on buildings.
- Travel rotating days to New Story's 3 school properties in the Harrisburg region (Carlisle, New Cumberland, and Harrisburg).
- Must have basic knowledge of dry wall repair, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repair
- Must be willing to work beyond scheduled hours and/or adjust work schedule as necessary
- Must possess strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page