Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being part of a mission-driven organization?
Sage Alliance in Paramus, NJ, a premier therapeutic special education high school, seeks a Learning Strategist to provide instructional and emotional support to adolescents in a small school setting. As part of a multidisciplinary team, the Learning Strategist is responsible for the delivery of program services, learning strategies, and implementation of academic accommodations based on thorough individual assessments to give students the tools they need to take charge of their own learning. The Learning Strategist will work in collaboration with the lead teacher(s) and therapeutic staff to ensure comprehensive academic support for students studying at Sage Alliance.
- Connect, relate to, and establish rapport with teens who struggle to regulate emotions.
- Provide learning strategy assistance to students and faculty to build a bridge between the academic and therapeutic sides of the program and ensure that students learn skills to effectively cope with daily challenges.
- Provide emotional and instructional support to students as they navigate their school day.
- Facilitate individual and small group instruction, and deliver workshops for students on specific topics to promote strategies for academic success, such as time management, study strategies and exam preparation.
- Work with students and faculty to determine and implement appropriate academic accommodations
- Assist students in developing increased self-awareness of their learning challenges and utilizing resources to create and implement a self-improvement plan to become active and independent learners and to achieve academic success.
- Strong verbal and written skills are essential.
Eligible Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Sage Alliance, is a subsidiary of New Story Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students with social and emotional challenges. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers.
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
Back to Sage Alliance Jobs
Back to Sage Alliance Home Page