Why You'll Love This Job
New Story Schools in Mountville, PA (Lancaster County) is looking for an Intervention Teacher that will supports the mission of New Story Schools by overseeing literacy and/or math programming for students. The Intervention Teacher provides literacy and math instruction and enrichment to students through assessments, direct student instruction and consultation with teachers regarding best practices in instruction. Provides and delivers focused intervention instruction to students in small groups and one-on-one settings through push-in and pullout for the purpose of improving student outcomes and achievement.
- Interpret results of assessments for planning student instruction.
- Provide diagnostic testing, as needed, to determine specific instructional needs for students identified with math, reading and/or writing challenges.
- Provide recommendations on the selection of supplies and materials needed for standards aligned curriculum and enrichment interventions.
- Develop instructional plans for use in the full classroom, as well as individual or small group instruction.
- Plan and implement sequential learning experiences for students using a variety of instructional strategies, consistent with instructional goals, school wide initiatives/objectives, and Core Curriculum content standards.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the student’s multidisciplinary team, other related service professionals, school district personnel, outside service providers, and the student’s family to design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide direct instruction for identified students who need tier supports in both individual and small group instruction.
- Assist in the development and implementation of student Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) goals in the areas of math, reading and/or writing.
- Maintain records and provide evidence of growth and progress for school teams, students and their parents.
- Consult with classroom staff on instructional strategies to support reading comprehension including phonological awareness, decoding, word recognition, vocabulary development, fluency development, and study strategies.
- Attend multidisciplinary team meetings and IEP meetings as assigned.
- Travel to other school locations, as necessary.
- Perform all job responsibilities in a safe manner and adhere to safety practices and standards established by the company.
- Adhere to the Exposure Control Plan and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the task being performed.
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with company policy and FERPA/HIPAA Privacy Rule regulations.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Attend and successfully complete all trainings and supervision sessions as directed.
- Complete and submit documentation of time worked accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education
- Valid PA Teacher certification.
- Certification as a Reading Specialist by the PA Department of Education is preferred.
- Certification in Special Education is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience.
- Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers.
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page