Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story is seeking a qualified Human Resources Coordinator who will aid and facilitate the human resources processes at its private, special education schools located in New York (The Rebecca School and The Aaron School) and New Jersey (Sage Alliance Schools).
- Partner with the HR Director to develop, implement and evaluate the human resources strategy to achieve the schools’ vision, missions and goals.
- Assist with and support recruitment efforts to ensure that the schools are effectively and efficiently sourcing and selecting the right candidates.
- Collaborate with the HR Director to provide input and find ways to increase staff retention and productivity; including strategies to enhance employee engagement, leadership and staff development, regular feedback and coaching, and promoting culture.
- Assist with routine compliance audits to recognize strengths and identify areas in need of improvement as directed by the HR Director.
- Assist with updating and maintaining employee records in the designated human resource information system (HRIS).
- Responsible for managing the Hepatitis B Vaccination process for all employees in line with company policy (where applicable).
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance. Redirect HR related calls, emails, inquiries, to the appropriate person on the team as needed.
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits, safety, etc.).
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, etc.) in both paper (legacy format) and electronic format and ensure all employment requirements are met for new employees upon hire.
- Assist with the onboarding process, perform orientations, and develop and cultivate relationships with new employees to help attract and retain candidates.
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback, compensation studies, etc. as arise.
- Other related duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Auditing and file management
Eligible Employees receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Sage Alliance provides integrated academic and therapeutic programs and support to elementary, middle and high school students. For more than 25 years, Sage Alliance has been working with children, families, school districts and community partners to provide safe, trusted and results-driven learning environments where students can develop, feel confident and thrive.
Rebecca School serves students with neurodevelopmental delays in relating and communicating and is dedicated to recognizing their individual potential. Using a developmental and interdisciplinary approach, Rebecca School creates a program that meets students' unique needs, celebrates their strengths and embraces their passions.
Aaron School serves students with learning disabilities in the areas of reading, writing, and math in addition to attention, sensory and social challenges. In a safe and supportive school climate, the goal is to maximize their potential in order for them to become confident, successful citizens of their community.
Sage Alliance, Rebecca School and Aaron School are part of the New Story family of schools. New Story is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve.
Back to New Story Management Jobs