Why You'll Love This Job
New Story Schools in Mountville, PA is seeking a qualified High School Emotional Support Teacher to teach and mentor Emotional Support students in grades 8-12. As a Special Education Teacher, you play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and the dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom.
- Complete individualized Education plan (IEP) process, which includes IEP development, collaboration with multidisciplinary team members, and preparation of required paperwork.
- Develop lesson plans which keep students actively engaged in learning by using a variety of instructional strategies. Lesson
plans should be tailored to meet the individual needs of students based on IEP goals and objectives, including modifications listed in specially designed instruction.
- Submit required documentation, including lesson plans, IEPs, report cards, progress reports, evaluation reports, and other
related material in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Set clear expectations for students’ behavior and provide and implement behavior management strategies and techniques to manage severe student behavior and maintain a safe and effective learning environment. Behaviors should be managed in an immediate, consistent, and appropriate manner.
- Deliver classroom instruction in a meaningful and appropriate way to enable students to progress toward the goals outlined in the IEP. Classroom time should be structured and scheduled
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership, and direction to staff within the classroom.
- Conduct educational assessments and record/interpret data.
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor confidentiality.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page