Why You'll Love This Job
New Story Schools in Reading, PA is seeking a qualified Health and Physical Education Teacher to develop and implement a program to promote health, physical activity, and social skills among students. We are offering a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
- Develop and implement lesson plans that teach students in all areas of health and physical education according to PA state standards.
- Develop and implement a variety of learning experiences to enable students to demonstrate learned skills and concepts.
- Develop and implement an adaptive physical education program as identified in the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Develop and submit lesson/activity plans that are tailored to meet the individual needs of students based on IEP goals and objectives, including modifications listed in specially designed instruction.
- Assist in the development and preparation of IEPs, as requested.
- Engage and teach students in differentiated learning experiences for the range of skill levels and developmental needs found within each classroom.
- Organize and teach indoor and outdoor activities that promote physical activity.
- Ensure safety of students in physical education activities by providing a comprehensive program in safety instruction, injury prevention, and physical conditioning prior to activity.
- Regularly review the health and physical education curriculum and recommend modifications when appropriate.
- Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques, as needed.
- Perform all job responsibilities in a safe manner and adhere to safety practices and standards established by the company.
- Adhere to the Exposure Control Plan and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the task being performed.
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with company policy and FERPA regulations.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Must possess professional and interpersonal skills, reflecting appropriate boundaries, to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents/guardians, school/company personnel, and coworkers.
- Must have knowledge of the concepts of health and physical education, safety, child growth and development, and effective instructional strategies.
- Must have strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page