Why You'll Love This Job
New Story Schools are private licensed academic schools that provides special education support for children up to the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is currently seeking a Clinical Supervisor to join the school leadership team at our Perkiomen Ave location in Reading, PA. The Clinical Supervisor oversees the counseling program in accordance with the Individualized Education Program (IEP) and provides direction on implementing therapeutic components/strategies, as well as behavior interventions/management to staff within the classroom setting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work collaboratively with the Director of School Services and Clinical Director on clinical and educational components within the school to ensure consistency between IEP and counseling/behavior goals.
- Provide direction on appropriate clinical/counseling strategies and behavior management strategies and techniques to maintain a safe and effective learning environment.
- Participate in the IEP process by attending IEP meetings and working collaboratively with team members to develop the therapeutic and counseling components of the IEP.
- Conduct clinical/counseling needs assessments on an ongoing basis to determine student counseling needs.
- Review data collection/documentation, outcome reports, and plans and make recommendations for ongoing plan revisions.
- Conduct training needs assessment and provide training to staff on therapeutic modalities and approaches.
- Communicate routinely with parents and encourage parental participation in the students IEP.
- Ensure special education teachers and all classroom staff adheres to appropriate clinical practices.
- Maintain a caseload of counseling hours as needed.
- Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques as needed.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Employee discount program
- Rewards Program (Earn points to purchase items)
- 401k options and paid school holidays
New Story School is a private licensed academic school that provides support for children up to the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives. New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about New Story Schools, benefits and careers please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page