Why You'll Love This Job
Sage Alliance Lower & Middle School in Mahwah, NJ is seeking a Clinical Director to provide services for our students in grades 4 to 8 with social and emotional challenges. Sage Alliance is a private, therapeutic school that serves the academic and clinical needs of students in a nurturing and supportive environment. The Clinical Director will provide effective leadership to a team of clinicians who collaborate with the educators to create a safe learning community in accordance with the Sage Alliance mission statement.
- Leadership: Combine leadership capabilities with clinical expertise and compassion for others to set the clinical foundation for the staff and ensure quality services that support students’ social, emotional, and academic growth.
- Oversee all Therapeutic Services: Devise strategies and plans for the therapeutic services offered to students and families, in accordance with Sage Alliance standards for excellent service and with the goal of maximum performance and growth.
- Supervise Therapists: Coordinate and manage staff therapists utilizing individual and group supervision techniques and assist as needed with therapy treatment.
- Staff Evaluation and Development: Perform periodic employee reviews of therapists (at least annually) and provide feedback on their performance to help motivate their dedication to professional goals. Provide personnel with clinical training as needed and opportunities for continuous growth.
- Co-Coordinate the School Program: Collaborate with the Principal, as well as Administrators of other Sage Alliance schools, to ensure that the educational and clinical programs are working in an effective and complementary manner.
- Conflict Resolution: Communicate and intervene as necessary to help resolve conflicts and issues that arise among staff, among staff and students, or among students.
- Compliance: Audit clinical files and monitor compliance with legal requirements, internal policies and quality standards.
- Implement Disciplinary Procedures: Support school disciplinary policies and procedures and participate in disciplinary interventions as needed.
- Student Assessment and Intake: Meet with child study teams and conduct intakes and orientations for new students and families.
- Budgeting: Partner with the Vice President of Operations in budget preparation, and with the Principal and others to ensure that the school operates effectively within budget once established.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish working alliances with students, staff and families
- Knowledge of developmental theory and interventions with students, groups and families
- Ability to communicate theory and mission to staff
- Knowledge of and experience with psychodynamic techniques
- Knowledge of and experience with supervision of clinical staff
- Knowledge of budgetary issues
- Conduct professional presentations to the community
- Deep respect for policies and ethics and can inspire others
- Strong leadership, management and mentoring skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment when making decisions
- Problem solving skills when resolving administrative issues and conflicts
Sage Alliance employees receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital and Accident Coverage
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards Program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Sage Alliance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve.
Back to Sage Alliance Jobs
Back to Sage Alliance Home Page