Why You'll Love This Job
New Story in Reading, PA is seeking a qualified Certified Nursing Assistant to help care for students. The CNA is responsible for providing direct care to students under the supervision and direction of the Nurse.
- Work Collaboratively with Nurse and School Staff to ensure a positive team atmosphere.
- Asist Nurse with collecting and ensuring required medical paperwork for students, including, but not limited to, medical history, physical exams, and vaccinations are current for all students.
- Cover medication administration duties after completing and Approved Medication Administration course when the dedicated Nurse is absent, and a substitute is unavailable.
- Provide first aid care as needed and document appropriately.
- Take and record vital signs, as needed.
- Complete and document vision, hearing, height, and weight measurements for students.
- Assist students with self-care activities such as toileting, grooming, eating, etc.
- Note and report to the Nurse observations of student behavior including complaints and physical symptoms.
- Take inventory of medical supplies and inform Nurse and Director when supplies need to be ordered.
- Evacuate students in an emergency, according to the fire and evacuation policy.
- Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques, as needed.
- Perform all job responsibilities in a safe manner and adhere to safety practices and standards established by the company.
- Adhere to the Exposure Control Plan and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the task being performed.
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with company policy and FERPA regulations.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with child, parent/guardian, multidisciplinary team members, and other personnel involved in child's educational/behavioral program.
- Must have knowledge of common behavioral disorders exhibited by children and adolescents.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items.
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page