Why You'll Love This Job
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as 100% company sponsored employee medical coverage, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Reading, PA (Wyomissing Blvd.) is seeking a qualified Behavior Consultant to assist with development of individualized behavior plans, monitoring progress for assigned students and delivery of behavior consultation as indicated in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP). New Story Schools uses multiple methods for student education and related services, including in-person learning, virtual learning, and enhanced remote learning. Students engaged in in-person learning will report to school and learning will be in the traditional school setting. This position will be working with Middle School/High School Autistic Support.
- Assess initial and ongoing behavioral strengths and needs of students per school assessment protocols and timelines.
- Utilize nonviolent crisis intervention techniques as needed.
- Attend and participate in IBP meetings, multidisciplinary team meetings, and other meetings, as needed.
- Provide and monitor services as stated in the student’s IEP.
- Develop behavior goals for the IBP and Positive Behavior Support Plan under the supervision of a Behavior Analyst..
- Oversee the implementation of Positive Behavior Support Plans.
- Conduct Functional[Behavior Assessments as needed, under the supervision of a BCBA
- Develop system of data collection for staff to support interventions and change, under the supervision of a Behavior Analyst.
- Develop and teach individualized behavior plans which reflect the individual needs of the student and the dynamics of the school setting.
- Analyze FBA & data sheets and develop individualized Positive Behavior Support Plan/teaching strategies using data and input from others involved with the student.
- Collect and graph behavior data recorded by school staff for analysis in behavior plan effectiveness.
- Collaborate with all staff members to assess effectiveness of Positive Behavior Support Plan and student progress/concerns.
- Revise student behavior plans as directed.
- Conduct staff training, as requested.
- Participate in the employee disciplinary process.
- Monitor employee performance and conduct employee performance evaluations.
- Complete miscellaneous paperwork/reports as directed.
- Travel to various school locations, as necessary.
- Assist with maintaining clean and safe classroom environment.
- Perform all job responsibilities in a safe manner and adhere to safety practices and standards established by the company.
- Adhere to the Exposure Control Plan and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the task being performed.
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with company policy and FERPA regulations.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Attend and successfully complete all trainings and supervision sessions as directed.
- Complete and submit documentation of time worked accurately and ina timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page