Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Lancaster, OH is seeking a qualified Behavior Technician to teach and mentor students. Behavior Technicians work 1:1 in home and potentially community settings with students on the Autism Spectrum ages 3yo-22yo. Behavior Technicians focus on implementing programming, at the guidance of a consultant, to address the Individual Education Plan goals for each student. Programming may address academic, behavioral, and vocational goals.
- Apply the learned principals of behavior science to tutor students as well as effectively manage behaviors if needed.
- Run data-driven practice as assigned
- Implement “Precision Teaching” and/or discrete-trial training
- Implement direct instruction programs and techniques
- Use explicit instruction as assigned
- Perform habit training duties
- Record accurate data
- Adhere to the behavior management programs assigned to each student
- Arrange and maintain a safe and effective learning environment
- Record accurate data
- Submit all data and records by established deadlines
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess the ability to perform non-violent crisis intervention techniques, including verbal and physical redirection and guidance of potentially physically aggressive students during crisis situations.
- Must possess the ability to react quickly and be sufficiently mobile to redirect students that could be injurious to themselves or others, i.e. stop a child from running out of a building, physically redirect a child with severe behaviors, etc.
- Must be able to physically assist with evacuating students during emergency situations.
- Must earn and maintain full certification(s) in assigned crisis management programs
Eligible Applied Behavioral Services Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page