Why You'll Love This Job
Certified Behavior Technicians implement Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) treatment programs with patients and families under the direction of a Clinical Supervisor. Certified Behavior Technicians hold an active Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification or Board-Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) certification. Treatment plans are designed to address skill acquisition as well as challenging behavior reduction and may occur in a variety of settings including the center, patient’s home, school, community, or via telehealth. Certified Behavior Technicians report to the Operations Manager. This position has no direct reports.
We're looking for both Full-Time and Part-Time Behavior Technicians
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct treatment to patients under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor in a 1:1 or group environment.
- Provide treatment that exceeds clinical quality standards.
- Collect and record data on patient progress with high fidelity.
- Review and implement Clinical Supervisor feedback during each treatment session.
- Communicate effectively and compassionately with patients, families, and colleagues.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for patients, families, and colleagues.
- Seek personal growth and training opportunities to ensure clinical excellence.
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Maintain compliance with HIPAA requirements at all times.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification OR Board-Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) certification
- Must pass initial Behavior Technician Training program, including passing a comprehensive written exam and field evaluation.
- Experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Empathetic and compassionate individual with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members while maintaining a positive and solution focused attitude.
- Ability to work independently while providing direct treatment to patients.
- An effective communicator in both verbal and written formats
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Desire to continuously learn and develop skillsets.
- Willingness to work in a variety of locations (center, patient home, etc.).
- Willingness to work with a variety of patients.
- Reliable means of transportation with proof of auto insurance for some locations
- No past criminal history
- Must pass tuberculosis test.
Treatment may occur in a variety of settings including the patient’s home, the center, the patient’s school, the community, or via telehealth. Behavior Technicians work in environments that are both indoors and outdoors and may move between different locations throughout the course of the work day.
- Be able to work with patients who are seated on the floor, in small chairs, or other home, school, community and clinic environments.
- Move frequently throughout the therapeutic setting to gather materials, anticipate, and respond to the movement of a patient, and/or provide instruction in a variety of settings, such as school, playground, clinic, or community locations.
- Constantly position oneself to participate and respond to the movements and behaviors of patients, including but not limited to bending to assist a patient, kneeling/crouching to teach a play skill, hurrying to block an open doorway, or reaching to prevent a patient from entering a traffic congested street.
- Be able to utilize continuous visual tracking in order to monitor the movement of patients, as well as the items and circumstances in the surrounding environment.
- Occasionally move to evade aggressive behaviors and/or physically block attempts to aggress towards others. Responding to behaviors may occasionally require bearing weight of a patient who is leaning, pushing, etc.
- Frequently teach patients to use vocal speech. Must be able to articulate sound and model speaking clearly, as well as listen to and shape vocal communication of patients.
- Occasionally use modeling to teach gross motor skills, such as climbing or jumping, and fine motor skills such as clapping or opening a container
- Work in both indoor and outdoor settings as they relate to the patient’s natural environment, which may include being outdoors in a variety of weather conditions (e.g., community skills, recess in a school setting, etc.)
- Be able to lift up to 30 lbs. while assisting patients.
Eligible Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items.
Your Life ABA provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children with autism disorder and severe emotional disabilities. Each child diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or other developmental delay has both amazing gifts and serious challenges. At Your Life ABA, we support these children and their families with compassionate, professional therapeutic services. Your Life ABA offers locations throughout Virginia to support children and young adults with autism or developmental delays.
New Story Schools (the parent company) is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to Your Life ABA Jobs
Back to Your Life ABA Home Page