Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story Schools in Harrisburg, PA is seeking a qualified Behavior Technician who will work collaboratively with Special Education teachers and Behavior Analysts to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students. Staff will provide Autism Support to students with Autism and Intellectual Disabilities, displaying varying ability levels (including both non-verbal and limited verbal skills and behavioral needs) in the K-12 age range.
Sign-on bonus - $1,500.
- Assist with the implementation of the students Individualized Education (IEP), Positive Behavior Support Plan (PBSP), and additional behavior protocols written by the Behavior Consultant
- Assist students within the classroom/program setting during participation in special subjects such as daily instructional activities such as VB-MAPP programming, Vocational programming, Life Skills programming, hygiene routines, and Vocational field trips.
- Assist students with toileting, dressing, feeding, and meal preparation; may need to assist students with navigating the building safely due to physical disabilities.
- Implement appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques during high intensity behavior episodes, which may include aggression toward others, property destruction, or self-injury.
- Daily record data related to behavioral concerns to assess/monitor the progress of the student
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page