Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Green Tree School & Services (GTSS) is seeking a qualified Behavior Manager to work at our School. The Behavior Manager will assist in the implementation of the instructional and behavioral management programs with students who exhibit a variety of learning and behavioral problems. This is a full-time position.
- Support and perform job duties in accordance with the established mission and values of Green Tree School and Services including student’s achievements model, the school-wide Positive Behavioral Support expectation.
- Provide direct, face-to-face therapeutic intervention and support to a child or group of children to assist in the child’s development of positive, social, emotional, and behavioral skills.
- Ensures a safe environment, including the implementation of proper procedures, notification of appropriate parties for incidents requiring notification, and ongoing evaluation of the milieu for environmental safety factors.
- Provides crisis support intervention services when needed.
- Develop strengths and capacities of students as well as address challenging behaviors.
- Aid in implementing alternative activities to redirect challenging behaviors in crisis and routine events ensuring the school safety always.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries and adhere to ethical expectations as required.
- Complete, update and maintain incident reports, restraint documentation, behavioral referrals, and other documentation as required.
- Assist teachers and staff with planning and implementing appropriate behavioral goals and objectives as stated on the individualized behavior management plans for students.
- Assist with working with an individual student or group of students in the classroom or in a separate setting removed the classroom
- Assist in determining the readiness of and facilitate a student’s return to his/her regular class.
- Assist in supervising students during arrival, dismissal, recess, lunch, and off-campus activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and practice intervention strategies in managing the behavior of students in emotionally stressful and crisis situations.
- Support, de-escalate, and at times restrain highly emotional children
- Ability to collect and maintain behavioral data i.e. charting, graphing, activities logs, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Eligible Green Tree School Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Green Tree School & Services is a non-profit state-licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children with autism disorder and severe emotional disabilities. At Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Green Tree School & Services is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about Green Tree School & Services careers and benefits, please visit our website www.greentreeschool.org
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page