Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as 100% company-sponsored employee medical coverage, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Mountville, Lancaster, PA is seeking a qualified Behavior Manager to work with Autism students with varying ability levels (including limited verbal skills and behavioral needs) in the k-12 age range. The Behavior Manager is a multidisciplinary team member responsible for providing behavior analytic consultation to teachers, related services, and support staff. This position assists with the development of individualized behavior plans, monitoring progress for assigned students, and delivery of behavior consultation as indicated in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Assess initial and ongoing behavioral strengths and needs of students per school assessment protocols and timelines.
- Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques and physically assist.
- Attend and participate in IEP meetings, multidisciplinary team meetings, and other meetings.
- Provide, and monitor services as stated in the student’s IEP.
- Develop behavior goals for the IEP and Positive Behavior Support Plan.
- Oversee the implementation of Positive Behavior Support Plans
- Conduct a Functional Behavioral Assessment for students, as needed, under the supervision of a BCBA
- Develop a system of data collection for staff to support interventions and change, under the supervision of a Behavior Analyst
- Develop and teach individualized behavior plans which reflect the individual needs of the student and the dynamics of the school setting.
- Collect and graph behavior data recorded by school staff for analysis in behavior plan effectiveness
- Collaborate with all staff to assess the effectiveness of the Positive Behavior Support Plan and student progress/concerns.
- Respond to student and family concerns in a timely manner, helping to facilitate effective solutions.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and safe classroom environment
The ideal candidate for this role will hold a Bachelor's degree (required) with interest in committing to post-bachelor studies in ABA toward an ABA Certification. Additionally, candidate will reflect at least 2 years of experience working with the student-age autism support population.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children to overcome challenges and create new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page