Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story Schools is seeking a qualified Behavior Consultant to join the clinical team for our location in New Cumberland, PA. The Behavior Consultant is a lead member of a treatment team and is responsible for the implementation of therapeutic skills acquisition and behavior modification protocols. This position is responsible for the development of individualized behavior plans, monitoring progress for assigned students, and delivery of behavioral consultation as indicated in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP). Position is full-time, M-F 7:30am-3:30/4:00pm. Paid holidays and school breaks (including 4-5 weeks in the summer), PTO bank, comprehensive benefits package, and more!
- Assess initial and ongoing behavioral strengths and needs of students per school assessment protocols and timelines.
- Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques and physically assist.
- Attend and participate in IEP meetings, multidisciplinary team meetings, and other meetings.
- Provide, and monitor services as stated in the student’s IEP.
- Develop behavior goals for the IEP and Positive Behavior Support Plan.
- Revise and oversee the implementation of student behavior plans as necessary.
- Conduct a Functional Behavioral Assessment for students, as needed., under the direction of a BCBA
- Develop system of data collection for staff to support interventions and change.
- Develop and implement individualized behavior plans which reflect the individual needs of the student and the dynamics of the school setting.
- Analyze FBA & data sheets and develop individualized behavior intervention plan using data and input from others involved with the student.
- Collect and graph behavior data recorded by school staff for analysis in Positive Behavior Support Plan effectiveness.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page