Why You'll Love This Job
Rivermont, is a subsidiary of New Story Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont, a New Story School in Chase City, VA is seeking a qualified Assistant Principal to assist with the day-to-day operations of the individual school as well as ensuring appropriate long-term planning for each school year. They are responsible for the supervision of all staff and students. This position promotes high academic, behavioral, and therapeutic standards; and serves as a resource for information to students, their families, staff and community agencies.
- Assists with supervising staff and daily operations to assure adherence to all established school policies and procedures
- Assists in assuring proper maintenance of educational and counseling documentation/records.
- Assists in scheduling of staff and activities consistent with all VA Dept of Ed (VDOE) regulations and accreditation standards.
- Assists in overseeing treatment planning for all students.
- Assists in preparation of campus budget.
- Assists in proper assessment of students and their appropriate placement in classes based upon needs.
- Assists with providing written curriculum guides and support materials to serve as a basis for implementing the curriculum.
- Assists in providing adequate materials, supplies and equipment and ensures they are available to effectively perform daily operations.
- Reports student status and progress to appropriate parties, agencies, parents and other sources.
- Responsible for public health, safety, and sanitation of the school.
- Responds to and manages behavioral crisis situations.
- Collects quality indicator data.
- · Master's degree in special education and school administration and supervision endorsement.
- · A minimum of three years working with students with disabilities.
- · One-year administrative experience within a special education program.
- · Hold or eligible for a valid renewable VDOE postgraduate professional teaching license issued by the board with an endorsement in school administration and supervision or special education.
- · Valid Virginia Driver’s License
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page