Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Columbus, OH is seeking a qualified. Adaptive Physical Education Teacher to apply the principles of behavior science in the execution of all duties associated with running a classroom. Adaptive Physical Education Teachers must complete all administrative assignments. Adaptive Physical Teachers must direct teacher support staff on how to assist, and practice positive and professional behavior during all daily interactions. (Does Not Require Education Degree)
- Apply the principals of behavior science to educate and manage students
- Run data-driven practice
- Implement “Precision Teaching” and/or discrete-trial training
- Record accurate data
- Use data to make decisions
- Adapt instructional techniques to the age and skill levels of students.
- Use explicit instruction
- Provide adapted physical education services to students with disabilities, autism or other disabling conditions.
- Implement direct instruction programs and techniques, to improve physical fitness, gross motor skills, perceptual motor skills, or sports and game achievement.
- Perform habit training duties
- Instruct students, using adapted physical education
- Manage students
- Implement principles of behavior science to effectively manage student behavior
- Adhere to the classroom management tier assigned to each student
- Fill out and review each students’ classroom log
- Correctly and appropriately use prescribed crisis intervention program
- Supervise and execute school activities inside and outside the classroom
- Arrange and maintain a safe and effective classroom environment
- Implement data-based decision making
- Use formal academic and behavior data to implement interventions
- Use anecdotal observations to guide the speed, type, and direction of instruction
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Bachelors or better
Licenses & Certifications
• Must hold a valid teacher license or an adaptive PE license or an Occupational Therapy license.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page