Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in New Cumberland, PA is seeking a qualified Academic and Behavior Support Staff to join our clinical team and work in collaboration with the Special Education teachers and other professionals to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students. Have a great work/life balance while helping others. Academic and Behavior Support Staff has a fabulous full-time schedule during school hours M-F, 7:30 am-2:30 pm; comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and paid school holidays; career advancement opportunities. Are you passionate about the special needs population?
- Assist with the implementation of each student's Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Assist students in the classroom and collaborate with team members to support goal achievement.
- Implement appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Observe/Record data related to behavioral concerns to assess/monitor the progress of the student.
- Assist students during participation in special subjects such as physical education, vocational programs and field trips.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with child, parent/guardian, multidisciplinary team members, and other personnel involved in child’s educational/behavioral program.
- Must have knowledge of common behavioral disorders exhibited by children and adolescents.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page