Why You'll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Monroeville, PA is seeking a qualified Academic and Behavior Support Staff to join our clinical team. The Academic and Behavior Support Staff works collaboratively with Special Education teachers and other professionals to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students. Have a great work/life balance while helping others. Academic and Behavior Support Staff have a fabulous full-time schedule during school hours M-F, 7:30 am-2:30 pm, year-round, no nights, no weekends, no holidays; a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and paid school holidays; career advancement opportunities. ; a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and paid school holidays; career advancement opportunities.
- Assist with the implementation of each student's Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Assist students in the classroom and collaborate with team members to support goal achievement.
- Implement appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Observe/Record data related to behavioral concerns to assess/monitor the progress of the student.
- Assist students during participation in special subjects such as physical education, vocational programs and field trip
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with child, parent/guardian, multidisciplinary team members, and other personnel involved in child’s educational/behavioral program.
- Must have knowledge of common behavioral disorders exhibited by children and adolescents.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at https://newstoryjobs.com/.
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click here, log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
Back to New Story Schools Jobs
Back to New Story Schools Home Page